LONDON: The 2nd annual Ukrainian Banking Day in London taking place on 11th June at Le Meridien Piccadilly, with the official support of the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK and the Independent Association of Banks of Ukraine.
The inaugural Ukrainian Banking Day in London took place in December 2017. The Day was officially supported by the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK and the Independent Association of Banks of Ukraine and was sponsored by White & Case, DLA Piper and Evris Law Firm.
Over 120 senior bankers from across Europe and the US participated, including the Chairmen and Board Members of 15 leading Ukrainian banks.
An expert speaker panel will debate key issues and opportunities in the banking sector:
- Kateryna Rozhkova, Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, and Ruslan Demchak, Deputy Head of the Financial Policy & Banking Committee of the Verkhovna Rada, who will discuss what the top priorities are for the reform process;
- Key executives of the state-owned banks, who will outline the transformation of and strategic visions for their institutions, including Teimour Bagirov, Independent Member of the Supervisory Board of Ukrgasbank, Sergii Manokha, Advisor to the Chairman of Ukreximbank and Artem Shevalev, Alternate Board Member at the EBRDand Supervisory Board Member of PrivatBank;
- Representatives of the banking community in Ukraine, including Ivan Svitek, General Manager of Alfa-Bank Group, Alexander McWhorter, Country Officer & CEO, Citi Ukraine and Roman Shpek, Head of the Independent Association of Banks of Ukraine, will discuss the operating environment with a strong focus on how digital and mobile banking services are shaking up the sector;
- The IFIs, including Francis Malige, Managing Director, Financial Institutions, EBRD, and Jason Pellmar, Regional Manager, IFC, will discuss how they are working closely with the government and the banking sector to push through vital reforms;
- The challenge of how to tackle NPLs will be a major topic of discussion and Svitlana Rekrut and Taras Yeleyko of the Deposit Guarantee Fund, together with their former colleague, Julia Bereshchenko of Wood & Co, will lead the debate;
- They will be joined by an impressive group of international advisors and commentators, who will provide expert insight into the Ukrainian banking system, including Giovanni Salvetti of Rothschild, Tim Ash of BlueBay Asset Management, Ian Clark of White & Case and Lucy Fitzgeorge-Parker of Euromoney.